Ottati house
Originally uploaded by Niel's Eye.
Several years ago I was drivng on the Brooklyn Queens Expressway and I saw a house near the house where my father grew up in Greenpoint. And the house had a name on it, the name was John Ottati, which was my Grandmother's maiden name. I belive that this building once belonged to my great grandfather or a great uncle. It is kind of neat finding a building (a landmark really) that was once in your family.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI've always wondered. Did you find out if the house is indeed your great grandfather or great uncle's? I drove by it today on my way home from LaGuardia airport and decided to Google it once and for all. I can't find much online. Any details you have about the house or its origins would be interesting to learn. Thanks!
ReplyDelete